ExplorEquity creates authentic experiences that support local communities while connecting travelers to real social justice issues like food sovereignty, climate change, and sustainability. We currently host virtual events as well as travel experiences to Brazil, Honduras, and Puerto Rico.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Positively impacting the local economy by partnering with locally-owned businesses.
- Meeting and engaging with locals in order to understand their perspectives.
- Going beyond the ordinary “touristy” resort-style vacations.
- Recognizing our own power and privilege.
- Acknowledging colonialism, racism both historical and present, and unconscious bias.
- Engaging in continuous reflection and self-growth.
ExplorEquity was founded in 2018 by Remi Oguntoye and Catarina Rivera, two travel lovers who came together to build a sustainable travel platform rooted in social justice.