ExplorEquity supports local communities while connecting travelers to real social justice issues. We offer curated virtual experiences and products that align with our core values and benefit our sustainable travel partners. We partner with small businesses, community-based tourism initiatives, and sustainable travel operators globally.
We serve as active allies within social justice by raising awareness on our social media channels and our blog. Topics we've discussed include decolonization, Indigenous Peoples, colorism in travel, and climate change, among others.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- Positively impacting the local economy by partnering with locally-owned businesses.
- Authentic conversations and connections with locals.
- Recognizing our own power and privilege.
- Acknowledging colonialism, racism both historical and present, and unconscious bias.
- Engaging in continuous reflection and self-growth.
ExplorEquity was founded in 2018 by Remi Oguntoye and Catarina Rivera, two travel lovers who came together with this vision of building a sustainable travel platform rooted in social justice.